Thursday 31 October 2013

The lost pumpkin trail


With today being Halloween we went along to a local National Trust property to join in with the list pumpkin trail. 


It was soooooo lovely being out in the fresh Autumn hair, stomping through squelchy mud and crisp crackling leaves under our feet. The trees are on the change and the colours are simply stunning, its times like this that I realise how blessed I am to be living in such a beautiful part of the country. 


As we chased along looking for the clues that would lead us to the lost pumpkin my pockets became stuffed full of Autumn goodies collected by my little man.


Amongst the woodland treasure, bright red and yellow berries, crunchy brown leaves, leaves changing colour, spiky burs, pine cones, seed pods and lush dark green ivy all contrasting together in a really amazing way. We planned to bring them home and get busy with some sticky glue to make a fabulous seasonal collage.  


Seeing it all jumbled together tipped out on the kitchen table reminded me that I had some really super hand dyed chunky alpaca wool that my mum had given me a while back and I had added to my stash while I waited for some inspiration to strike. 


And bam, it hit me, a warm wooly hat with earflaps for dog walking on the chilly autumnal strolls across the fields with Jasper! 


Watch this space!..........................


No comments:

Post a Comment