Thursday 10 October 2013

Long time no see..........

Gosh, it's been such a long time since I blogged, life seems to have whizzed by in a blur and before I even noticed, the weather is closing in and Autumn is well and truly here.

Over the past 6 months my lovely sweet little puppy has sprouted very long legs and has hit the terrible teens, arrgghhhh, someone help me, it's like living with a little whirlwind! I'm thoroughly enjoying being in the dog club, I've never owned a dog before and I must say, I do like it. It does sometimes feel like I'm living in the middle of a zoo though, especially when my bonkers Bengal baby Skye and my stunning Turkish Angora, Lupin and my insane Cavalier, Jasper are all running around the house chasing each other like they're possessed! Never a dull day with these 3 about :0)

We had quite a relaxed and quiet summer, spending 3 glorious weeks in my favourite spot in Dorset in our little caravan, crocheting, crabbing, barbequeing and generally enjoying some much needed R and R.

I normally use acrylic yarn for crocheting with as I like how light the finished garment is and also how easy it is to wash if it needs it, but I decided to have a go with something different for a change and made a baby blanket from a cotton and acrylic mix as my holiday project. I'm really pleased with the finished project, but now I just don't know what to do with it as I was actually expecting the finished blanket to be much bigger than it actually came out, and I got my funny mental crochet block with it where I'd got it in my head that it would be complete in so many squares and once I'd reached that set amount I could mentally go no further, anyone else suffer with this, or am I just a bit on the weird side?!

Anyways, here's a picture of it finished:









No comments:

Post a Comment