Friday 5 April 2013

Off to Excel

Up bright and early as I'm very excited about today. I'm off to the Excel Exhibition Centre in London for the Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts Show with my daughter and both my sisters who are also creative nutters too! Not looking forward to the Saturday morning drive through East London though! Coming from a rural little place like I do it feels a bit daunting, but hopefully my trusty little sat nav will get us there without a hitch :0)


I somehow managed to "misplace" my bank card on Thursday so had to cancel it and re-order a new one. Not sure this is a bad thing! I'll just have to take cash and try not to spend to much!!!!!!!!!

                                 *********************************************

I thought I'd add a few photo's of last week on the beach, it was such a beautiful day and the colours of everything were so vivid, I'm trying to think of a way I could use them in an afghan. I love being by the sea and although the North Somerset coast isn't the most beautiful place in the world, the sea is so muddy from the Bristol Channel, it does have a beauty and intrigue all of its own. It  gives me the hee-bee-jee-bee's though, I'm paranoid about the kids getting stuck in the mud/sinking sand or falling in and being washed away with the strong currents that run along the coast, being local you know about them, unfortunately tourists just don't seem to heed the warnings and get into trouble. This north coast really is a place where you need to respect nature in all it's glory and ignore advice at your peril.




No comments:

Post a Comment