Wednesday 10 April 2013

Flowers.........for me? How lovely, what have you done?!

I always know my hubby's up to something when I come home to flowers....................




Very beautiful aren't they? I love the colours and they really are making me happy and brighten up my day, however I'm not sure I can say the same about the little jet boat parked outside!!!!!!  He says its his newest project and the kids will love it in the summer when it's up and running! I guess it'll be fun so I forgive him :0)


I've had inspiration to make a flower garden cushion for a while now and the last 2 days that's what I've been working on.  I have to admit that I am very pleased with the finished result. My daughter made me the cushion and cover on the sewing machine and I did the rest.


I crocheted each flower before really deciding what to do with them and they naturally came together.  My favourite is the blue one that's beaded with tiny blue seed beads and iridescent sequins. I love the flower beads in the middle of the grass too, I bought them at the weekend at the Excel Exhibition and they seemed perfectly suited to this project.

Here's a close up of the flowers:










No comments:

Post a Comment