Tuesday 3 December 2013

Thank you Mummy

My Mum and Dad live just up the road from me, and like me are both cat lovers, having 2 feline friends themselves. My Dad is the true cat lover and in his 75 years of life has never not had a cat, thats real devotion! And probably where I get my love of all things cat like.   Recently the went away for a week and left me in charge of caring for their cats while they were gone. On their return they bought me a gift to say thank you, and it is one of the most lovely things I have ever seen. They bought it at an antiques fair  in Ludlow and I love it.

I almost always have flowers in my living room window, especially when it's cold and dark outside, it just brightens up the place and makes me feel more cheery and as a bit of a creative soul I'm not one for cut glass crystal vases, they just don't do it for me, instead I prefer quirky jars and attractive jugs and this is exactly what my Mum bought me, a quirky attractive jug.


Its perfect for a cat lover like me and I just adore it. 

Each week I either pick up a bunch of flowers in the supermarket when I do my shopping or I'll have a wander into town and treat myself to some from the flower shop. I take out the sorry looking ones and then add the new ones to the rest. This week instead of flowers I choose some stunning foliage and bits and pieces, all scented with cinnamon and added it to the white flowers I already had in my favourite jug, and the result was a very festive floral display that makes me smile every time I look at it


Beautiful aren't they :0)


A very pretty festive start to advent

No comments:

Post a Comment