Wednesday 4 December 2013

Germany

@I cannot tell you how excited I am, tomorrow at 4 am, my beautiful daughter and I are off to do something I've dreamed of doing with her since she was tiny. We're going to Germany to visit the Christmas markets! I'm almost saying that in such a high pitched excited squeak that only the local dogs can understand it!




I really love Christmas, it's one of my favourite times of the year but I think I'm actually more excited to be going to to the German Christmas markets than I am about Christmas itself! I keep looking online at the pictures and I just can't wait. And what's more, on checking the weather forecast, while Britain gets an arctic blast, Rudesheim where we're going is getting snow, eeeek, how amazing will that be, Christmas markets in the snow, simply the most festive thing since ever!  


We've saved all our pennies and yesterday I changed them into Euros ready to buy loads of scrumptious Christmas Presents (and I might just have to sneak my credit card in too,  just in case!!!!!!!) everyone this year will be getting German Christmas gifts whether they like it or not.



I'm also really looking forward to spending some quality time with my daughter. With such a hectic home life with the challenges little man's behavioural and medical issues throw at us, quality time can sometimes be a lost commodity and she is so patient and understanding that I think she really deserves it. I can honestly say my Lady M has been a dream to raise. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had to tell her off, she was a perfect baby, toddler, young child and even now she's a fab teenager. I am so so lucky to have a daughter like her, she is a real treasure and the next 4 days are going to be just FAB.


But of course it's going to be a very long journey on the coach from sleepy old Somerset to festive Rudesheim and no long journey would be complete without a new crochet project would it?! I've selected some yummy Cath Kidstony colours and have in my mind planned, a pretty granny square Afghan. I'm going with a granny square because I can stash the completed ones easily in my suitcase to come home and I can work granny squares without looking so I can still admire the scenery as we go through France, Belgium and Germany. 



                   Oooooooo I'm so excited I'm just not going to get anything done today!

                                                         See you all soon xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment