Saturday 21 December 2013

Eeeeeek it's nearly Christmas!

I have been sooooooooooo busy this last week, I feel like my whole body hasn't touched the ground in days. 

Little H and lovely lady M finished school yesterday and now it feels like Christmas can really begin. I think I've finally completed my Christmas shopping. I woke up at 4am on Wednesday morning in a huge panic as I realised that although I'd bought the cake pop maker that lady M really wanted, I had forgotten to order the candy melts that are needed to go make the finished product and it was probably too late to buy them online so after dropping everyone to school, Jasper puppy and I had to make a last minute dash, an hour and a half up the motorway, to Bristol, in the most diabolical weather, to Hobbycraft to buy some. Thankfully they had them in stock, otherwise I don't know what I would have done as I've not found them sold locally anywhere. I'm normally mega organised with my present shopping but I think the excitement of Germany took over this year and everything else went out the window.

I'm feeling really festive now, I watched little H in his nativity as an Inn Keeper on Wednesday and it just filled me with so much pride to see him stood there on stage singing his little heart out, even if he was the only one who refused to wear anything on his head! #mummyslittlefusspot!    Then yesterday we went to the church for the end of year Carol concert, it was just wonderful hearing all those little voices ringing out Christmas cheer and has really set the scene for Christmas.

The next few days will be all about making mince pies, gingerbread houses and lots of festive fun, probably also combined with daily repairs to the Christmas tree after my furry friends have rearranged it!


Skye thinks I put it there as a new cat tree for her to climb


Lupin thinks I've hung lots of new balls up for her to play with


And Jasper thinks the tinsel is there for him to rip to pieces the minute I'm not watching!

Argh animals!



No comments:

Post a Comment