Monday, 21 April 2014

Naughty Dog!

I hope everyone had a lovely relaxing Easter Sunday despite the awful weather. Unfortunately, we had a very expensive one, but not in the egg-citing way you'd hope. Jasper, our naughty puppy decided while no one was looking to sneak upstairs to my daughters bedroom and eat a huge bar of chocolate!!!!!! Luckily for him he was caught in the act and after a quick call to the vet helpline we discovered he'd eaten enough to give him a very serious case of theobromine poisoning and had to call the vet out.

Poor Jasper, his day really got worse! The vet had to induce vomiting to get the chocolate out of his system and then force fed him charcoal to stop him absorbing any theobromine that was left. Poor baby, he really looked and felt dreadful, but being a puppy, I'm sure he won't learn from his little misdemeanour! All I can say is "bank holiday Sunday, calling the vet out........... Thank goodness he's insured!"

No comments:

Post a Comment