Sunday 12 January 2014

Changing weather

It never ceases to amaze me quite how quickly the weather changes in our country, one day it can be clear blue skies with glorious wall to wall sunshine and the next it's gloomy, overcast, pouring down and blowing a gale. 

Yesterday, was beautiful, crisp but sunny. I had to go to Clarks Village in Street (you must visit it if you're ever this way, its a shoppers paradise!) to buy some shoes for my daughter so we drove in via the scenic Somerset Levels to make the most of the glorious sunshine. Lovely Lady M and I joked on the way there that if we pretended hard enough we could fool ourselves into thinking it was actually summer outside. We had the car heated up all warm and toasty and the sun streaming in, beating on our little faces like it was a mid summers day, for a few moments I think we actually believed it, that was until we parked up and opened the doors and the howling north wind wrapped itself around us and promptly dropped us right back into the middle of a British mid winter! But for a minute I could but dream!


This avenue of trees is right out on the moors, I love driving through it, for me, it has a very French feel to it for some reason?!!!


It was about 4 pm when this was taken and you can just make out the moon rising in the clear sky.


At this time of year the levels always flood, it's what they're naturally designed to do. All the way across them are very very scarily deep ditches which at other times of the year carry water, but when we have masses of rain like we have recently, they spill over and the whole of the moor floods. It's an amazing sight, if you get onto high ground and look down it really gives you an idea of how much land is submerged.

Glastonbury Tor looked fabulous standing tall against the clear blue sky




It's funny, I've lived around here all my life, but the Tor never ceases to capture my imagination every time I see it and it has a strange magical ness that surrounds it, it has a very mystical aura that imparts a real sense of happiness and well being into me, makes me feel all yellowey orange iside, full of happiness and optimism, that's the only way I can describe it!   The whole town of Glastonbury has this feel for me, it's a lovely place to visit, like it revitalises your soul. Maybe its the ley lines that all meet at the Tor itself, bringing positive energy through them, I don't know, but its one of those places that if you visited it, I'm sure you'd feel it for yourself.

The high street is full of amazing shops many with fantastic aromas from burning incense floating out the door as you pass by. There is a rock and gem shop in the middle of town that I love called simply "Crystals"  ( http://www.crystalshop.co.uk/shops/glastonbury) occasionally I allow myself a visit to treat myself to a new stone necklace and I was in there one day talking to the owner about all the properties of the different stones whilst running my hands over them. Some seem to draw you in whilst others seem to seriously repel you. I don't really know much about stone properties, I tend to just go by whether I'm drawn to them or not and I always seem to have a real draw to amber and turquoise, yet on this occasion I decided to go against my instincts and buy myself a very pretty pink stone. I can't remember exactly what it was, I think it may have been pink tourmaline. I normally spend ages feeling the stones in the palm of my hand until one "feels right" but I didn't do it with this pink one, I just grabbed one that looked good and asked the shop owner to string it onto a lace for me. As she placed it over my head and it hit my skin for some reason I had a huge negative reaction to it, everything seemed to cloud over black and I had an awful feeling of foreboding and an inner sense that I was doing something very wrong, I had to take it off immediately, there was no way I could wear that stone. The second I removed it, everything returned to normal, but it really left me feeling very shaky. I don't know what happened but I knew to stay away from that stone and even though I can't remember what it was I know that if I ever wear it again I'll know exactly what it is! I exchanged it for a beautiful piece of yellow citrine and the second i led it against my skin harmony was restored!

It's funny how these things affect you. I'm not a psychic or anything like that but I do believe that stones and how colours interact with us are really quite misunderstood. Maybe one day when life's not quite so hectic I will sit down and look into it more deeply. I think I'll just have to trust my gut feeling until then as it seems to know what's good and what's not!

But for now my busy life dashes on through, school runs to do, tea's to be cooked, lunchboxes to be filled, dogs to be walked, stories to be read, cats to be fed and so the list goes on....................but actually I love my busy family life and I wouldn't have it any other way :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment